Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
ill have to look into that app a bit
more.. Ive tried a few Film editing apps recently all had there good points
most didnt do enough for me
And im a newbie at this. As i get better
ill know more about what i want or
need a program to do. Kinda like the
acoustic guitar amplification Rabbit hole.
Working on video always makes me appreciate how relatively easy audio recording is. It's quite a time sink. With most programs, it's a matter of the learning time. I used Final Cut for the couple split-screen videos I've posted with Teja Gerken, and it works great, but it's definitely not something someone can just jump into and get good results without a lot of learning time. It can do pretty much anything, but you have to learn how. I've been using it over a decade so I'm pretty comfortable with it, but still learning new things with every video I do.

The Acapella app is the other end of the spectrum - it really just does one thing, but it does it easily. Click on the window you want to record and go. I do see that it has also been around quite a while, and apparently the latest version has changed substantially. So it may be that whatever bad reviews you saw were from early versions. I'd say the only bad things I've seen are 1) "garbage in/garbage out" - you have to have decent lighting, be able to aim the phone right, and have a way to record decent sound (a usb mic works well), and 2) what it does is what you get - no fancy editing, no titles, transitions, etc. If you want a different look, your options are limited. Just multiple people in boxes. But if you've spent hours and hours working with a traditional video editor, dealing with synching audio and so on, the app is refreshing easy.

Last edited by Doug Young; 04-05-2020 at 12:06 PM.