View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadra View Post
Almost got one myself! Glad I didn't...
Seadra:

When you get a basement price, you're bound to give up SOMETHING. I probably could have fixed the minor problem myself, 'cuz it comes with an Allen key. The repairman told me you want the neck slightly bowed TOWARD the strings, to make it easier to play. The guitar might very well have been set up when it left the Guild factory in Westerly, RI. I think it just sat in Sam Ash's Tampa warehouse for a long time. The fix was ridiculously easy. I would not let such a minor adjustment affect your decision. I highly recommend the Guild F-150 Jumbo guitar. I STOLE this guitar! Solid Indian rosewood sides and back, and solid Sitka spruce top. Rosewood neck, ebony fretboard and bridge, enclosed tuners, and polyurethane (thick and hard!) finish. I checked with Sam Ash yesterday, and there's only 3 left. The ONLY thing I didn't like was the NuBone (high-density plastic) nut and saddle. If it's any consolation, the NuBone saddle is supposed to resonate BETTER in the lowest register than bone (according to the people that make it). This guitar SINGS! I highly recommend!

Last edited by poorArtist; 04-22-2018 at 10:26 AM.