View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Great information, guys... thanks! Jeremy, I hadn't even thought about waiting for the 5G, so I appreciate that suggestion. I have an OLED TV display and it knocks my socks off. Seeing it once is enough to convince me, so that's a great selling point for the 11 Pro.

I also like the smaller size of the 11 Pro. Frankly, my 6 was big enough. I don't need a bigger and bigger phone.

I have read some about the camera and that makes a difference to me. I still use my DSLR, but a nice camera would be an advantage to me. I hadn't planned on AirPods. I've never used any Apple ear buds that impressed me. I don't know how much better the AirPods are than the throwaways, but I got three sets of ear buds that I like. Imwjl, if you know more about those, I'd love to hear it.

I've never had a problem with any iPhone mic or speaker. One of my best buddies had a terrible speaker in his 6 Plus. For years, he thought he was a lot deafer than he really was.

Thanks for all the opinions. You guys have added a lot to my decision-making process.
It will be a while before 5G will really make a difference for many whether that is network build out or the chipsets in phones. If you have an iPhone 6 an upgrade now will make a big difference. If you carrier supports the "Gigabit LTE" or mimo antenna schema in a new phone you'll notice the speed difference.

What's impressive about the AirPods isn't sound quality unless a phone call as much as that superior to standard Bluetooth chip set and how they work as one, both or overall. They're especially great if you still use a phone for phone calls as I do.

The speakers in new phones are much better too.

We have dozens of company owned mobiles, and 750 employees who mostly use mobile for HR, schedules and payroll. Starting with the XR and XS Max in particular and now accelerated with 11 models people who've had 6 or older iPhones are pretty much all really pleased with the jump.

I confess I was in shock on price when I got the XS Max a year ago but it took no time for it to be a super business tool that was a pleasure for my being a news, book, and audio fan.

On DSLR, last year I did an international trip with XS Max not bringing any other camera and I was completely satisfied with the two lenses. The new 3 camera model is even better. It did not replace my owning a nice Canon body and L lenses but it was the best point and shoot or camcorder I've ever taken on a trip.

Since my earlier post it's confirmed I'll be doing an international trip where the new 3 cameras phone would be nice. One of our kids needs a new phone. I expect one of us will have a new 11 or my XS Max gets handed down and I get the Pro.

For me 5G will be "meh" until network build out and 1-2 generations of phone chipset. Especially when I have the Verizon "Gigabit LTE".