View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesKing777 View Post
I would love to see the sales figures for the whole GP range! I doubt that will ever happen.

I saw the launch video of the GP at NAMM and was interested to try the 717(E) because of the V Brace and the compound carve neck. (intend to never ever buy online again because of the delivery problems I have had.) A matter of weeks, truly, they had some in at least 2 shops near me, one shop 1/2 hour away, another shop 1 hour each way depending on the traffic. (Product from other companies shown at NAMM haven't arrived here yet.) The first shop had it listed very expensively, so I thought I would maybe try it out there and perhaps go to the other shop with the cheaper price advertised....Ha Ha HA aha aha. Played it and loved it , loved the neck, said take it. And then got a discount PLUS a 25% off Easter Sat sale. Couldn't believe it/

While I may be an 'early adopter', all the others are still sitting in the shop, advertised online - I am not game to go there! They may have multiple stock, but I don't think they are selling.

If that is the case everywhere, it is generally a sign that the 'closed' sign is about to go up on the lovely Builder's Edition idea and the V idea and....hope not, they are great. Perhaps people need to have tried a custom guitar or a top end guitar or 2 to appreciate what the BE is?

BluesKing777.

Really hoping thatís not the case and these are still selling well.
Fender '61 Thin Skin Strat
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
PRS Custom 24 35th Ann.

They say that tone is in the fingers....I say it is in your head.