View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Why. That's what Sweetwater does periodically with their customers. They touch base and do a quick check to see if there's anything you need. Most people herein like the SW service very much........

Yes, I wonder why? I wouldn't ever buy 2, or more, of the same (or very similar) guitar from the same maker/materials - regardless of construction material. Especially when CF is touted by so many as "indestructible, impervious to humidity, heat....". So, if I were to buy multiples of the same/similar guitar, CF would be the last one I would need/want to do that with. For example, I have one CF paddle for my kayaks. Not one for each but one because it serves its purpose and I have no fear of its needing a duplicate.
Odd, since I have explained it a number of times her recently. Anyway, consider that I have always lived debt-free, except my mortgage, which I paid off early. I worked my way through college and graduated with no student loans, and then put my wife through college, again with no student loans. I have always been able to pay my wife's substantial medical bills without going into debt, in a time when many people faced with even a $1,000 bill, would have to borrow to pay it off. This is what is important to me.

I retired early and have been able to easily fund my first 6 years of retirement, finally signing up for Social Security this year at age 66. There are many things I don't have, that other people consider important such as cable or satellite TV or streaming TV or satellite radio subscriptions, I have never owned a new car, I don't have a smart phone with the various data plans. My hobbies are playing guitar and piano, where others might have broader interests and the associated toys. I am not rich. I simply have always spent less than I earn, and refrain buying something if I can't afford it. Having to borrow to buy it is a sure sign I can't afford it.

Considering these facts, having a couple of the same type of guitar for convenience seems a rather small issue. However, once again I will explain myself.

I like the convenience of having several guitars of the same dimensions such as body size, scale length, neck width, etc. to keep in different tunings so I don't have to adjust from guitar to guitar. It is merely a matter of convenience, nothing more. There is no fear involved. After Vietnam, I certainly don't live my life in fear. I happen to especially like the Cargo and the Touring over anything else, wood or carbon fiber.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...