View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 02:49 PM

Default Anyone else get unsolicited "freebies" from Strings and Beyond?

So a USPS priority mail package arrived for me today from Strings and Beyond. I hadn't ordered anything from them in a while (but when I do, it tended to be a big order, like when they had a BOGO for D'addario EXPs I bought over a dozen sets).

Thinking my account had been hacked, I checked my online account with S&B, as well as my credit cards. No recent activity on either front.

So I opened the package. Within is a set of DR Veritas Acoustic 12-54 strings "bonus 2 free strings" it says on the package, and a NuTone Clayton Premium Series heavy pick. Oh and a postcard sized "free JamPlay membership" whatever that means.

No receipt.

No packing slip.

No sign of the package being pre-opened (it was sealed when I got it). The address label is clearly to me, but there is nothing inside indicating a sale, nothing in my account on their website indicating anything was ordered or shipped to me in months (since their BOGO sale over the summer). And nothing on my credit cards.

This happen to anyone else? Don't get me wrong, if it's a "thank you for doing a lot of business with us" I'm totally down for that, but a note of appreciation to explain why I got this would have been nice.

Or maybe this is karma. I ordered a Nutone Clayton pick months ago from Guitar Center which never arrived. Their CSR claimed they'd refund my money. They never did. It was only $5 so I just chalked it up as a loss, it's not worth my time to keep going at it with their CSR...guess I got that Nutone pick after all!
-Organic Sounds Select Guitars
-Down Home Guitars