View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 10:41 AM

Default Greenfield G3 Build

Greetings!

As some of you may know, I'm a huge fan of Michael Greenfield's work, and have been for some years. I currently have a G2 fan fret as my main guitar, and am expecting one of Michael's new concert classical models later this year (barring another COVID apocalypse).

I also have another build slot for the following year (ish), for which we'd pencilled in a G5 (his mini / soprano guitar).

However, having spent some time recently playing smaller bodied guitars, I'd begun to yearn for something of that ilk. I love my G2, but to borrow a quote, sometimes you can be 'too close for missiles' and need to 'switch to guns'.

In addition, last time Mike & I hung out together, we were joined by the immensely talented Pipo Romero. Pipo is one of Michael's artists & he plays a few G3 models. I tried one, and I loved it.

So this weekend we chatted again & concluded, a special G3 would be nice. I have a penchant for rosewood (or rosewood-sounding) guitars, and Michael has a very special collection to choose from. We're pairing it with moon spruce, a DADGAD fan, a couple of bevels and a few bells & whistles.

Full spec:

Model G3
DADGAD fan
Non-cutaway
Moon spruce soundboard
Brazilian rosewood
Laskin inspired arm rest
Palm-away bevel
113/16”” nut width
21/4” string spacing at bridge.
“Standard” neck profile
Hand carved heel “swoosh”

To whet the appetite, he's sent through the below image. I am suddenly rather excited for this build :-D

Joel