View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDEMO1 View Post
Anyone have a chance to play all three top styles available on the McPherson Sable - Standard, Basketweave, and Honey Comb ?

Did you notice any difference between them sound-wise ?
I heard that the Basketweave has less of a scooped mid-range than the other two, which I take to mean that it is more balanced across all six strings.

Have yet to see and play one of these guitars and it is tough to make a judgement based on listening to on-line video/audio clips, even using headphones.

Thanks.
Just to get back on topic a little bit...Your best bet is to go play one and listen with your own ears regardless of which top it has...the guitar itself has very unique tonal properties and playability that you will either like or not based on your style of play....The possible tonal difference between a standard or basketweave wont sway you one way or the other because you may not hear it with your ears...I personally didnt like the look of the basketweave so I ruled it out as a choice and didnt care what it sounded like.....I bought my sable without ever have played one and its probably the best choice ive made in my entire life and Ive had a lot of nice guitars over the years.
2005 Gibson Es 335
2012 Gibson Les Paul standard
2017 Fender elite stratocaster
2001 62 AVRI Fender stratocaster