View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
When I first started, all I could get was a 2 channel interface. Anything with more than that was a HUGE jump in price. I eventually bought a Yamaha O1v to give me extra channels. These days I have 24 channels between my Carbon and my MOTU 16A, all of them are set up as inserts for my various outboard gear.
Ah yes I still have my original 01v. I won't let that one go for keepsake purposes. That was a game changer on so many levels for me. Some years later my work-place gave my an 02R 96 as we just didn't use them any longer. I still think that on-board reverb was magical and I wish I hadn't sold the thing, if for no other reason than the reverb.

I certainly understand when i/o becomes critical as it get more difficult to configure things, but as I mentioned a sub $200.00 Focusrite interface (or take your pick of the hundreds of USB interfaces previously available) makes for a very easy entry into Pro Tools provided 2 i/o is acceptable.

I just happen to know that Digi wasn't so interested in entry level interfaces. They bought M-Audio for that very reason and the numbers never panned out for them.