View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
Maybe I missed it in an earlier post, but who manufactured the kit? Thanks, Jon
It was a Mojotone kit. You get some nicely built parts like the chassis, cabinet, and faceplate, very well organized parts containers with everything labeled as to what it is, and a schematic and layout on two very large sheets of paper. What you don't get are written directions on this kit, or a pic of suggested underboard jumpers. They definitely market these for people with some experience in both building and schematic reading, and the difficulty is rated as the highest for the blackface Fenders. The Tweed Deluxe of theirs I built came with more illustrations and more complete directions.

In all fairness to them, there are two ways to install the output transformer and if not for the negative feedback loop many Fenders use, it wouldn't matter which primary wire went to which power tube. Either way would work fine. I just got it backwards the first try and didn't catch it on first power up. I also wrongly assumed that if it were feeding back, it would be audible. Not necessarily.

Acoustics
2013 Guild F30 Standard
2012 Yamaha LL16
2007 Seagull S12
1991 Yairi DY 50

Electrics
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Am. Standard Telecaster
Gibson ES-335
Gibson Firebird