View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.guitar View Post
Hi Noledog, sorry I spelled your name wrong !
I thought the EF341 was a pro series?
It’s peaked my interest in the brand for sure. The plugged in tone is excellent and it just about plays itself.
I may upgrade to a CTP 2 or 3 preamp but the CTP 4 without the tube is easily good enough.
I saw a seller on eBay with new old stock CPT 2’s
* No worries about the name mate!

** The EF341C & the EF341SC look alike, but are very different...the former is the original version made popular by Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen featuring a laminated spruce top over laminated nato b/s and is now discontinued. The latter is a current model in the Legacy Series made at the Pro Series facility in Japan featuring a solid cedar top over laminated maple b/s. Both are made in Japan, however, the newer version sounds a little livelier than the original. However, even the newer SC version does not have that lively warm percussive tone of the satin finished solid cedar over solid sapeale that the Pro 3 series have unplugged... but plugged in, they all sound great!

*** You'll be changin' batteries every few shows with the Cooltube vs the long life you get with the CT4BII. I have a CTP-2 and it does sound nice and you can shape the mids a bit more. However with my cedar over sapeale I get enough warmth thru the CT4BII that I pulled the Cooltube out and went back to the CT4BII... since your guitar has a gloss finish you may like the Cooltube more, worth a try... I keep mine as a backup.

Enjoy your sweet Tak, looks great under the lights too!

eric