View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
I understand that in some cases it is necessary to bug a guitar and amplify it via a p.a. or, at worst, into a guitar amp.

As soon as you plug in a guitar, your sound is compromised....period.

A good condensor mic into a good well balanced p.a. is the least worst option to reflect a realistic duplication of the sound of your guitar, and playing.

If you have to "bug up" my choice is currently K&K, into a floor pre-amp (of choice) into a p.a. system.

It's OK for noise making for a crowd of relatively disinterested listeners.

I have not much experimented with acoustic amps. Maybe the Acus or Schertlers are worth consideration, but it is an electric signal that you are putting out. Difficult to get here in the UK.

Plugging an acoustic in to a emulator and/or an ordinary electric guitar amp - is simply fooling yourself - you are playing an electric guitar.
Agreed, though I've gravitated to ribbon mics over condensers for natural acoustic guitar tone. Admittedly, that opens up a whole other topic. I do have a K &K in my dread and certainly, at times, find it useful. That said, I have no illusion my plugged in guitar sounds "acoustic". Even when plugged in I blend my guitar signal with a signal from a microphone.