View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 03:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
Absolutely, I just prefer to see honest opinions. In this case, it's pretty easy to see what we're getting.

Let us know if you pull the trigger and if it's a veneered top you go with. The X30 is a great strummer and will serve you well in that regard. I'll be crossing my fingers for you to be wolf free!

I came very close to an X30. There is a beautiful dyed-blue Koto that I think would have looked pretty spectacular. At the end of the day, I had some concerns about the 17" body size on my 5' 5" frame, and many of the videos I heard seemed bass-heavy, which is not really the direction I wanted to go. I even started thinking that the newly designed X20 would be wonderful. But I'll leave that for a future purchase after some of you have it in hand and can report in. No law against owning a few different CF models, is there?

The other close contender was a RainSong, having had great luck with my H-OM. The WS in either the Vintage or Nashville was very appealing. But in the $3500 range, I don't feel it surpassed my final choice.

The McPherson Sable videos and reviews I read were consistently excellent. Ultimately I worked with the nice folks at Eddie's Guitars, speaking with Granville, who worked out a nice deal for me. I should have it on Friday. Granville couldn't have been more pleasant or made it any easier.

Thanks to everyone for all the input and various directions the thread went!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)