View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I'm not sure that I have a favorite brand. 15 years ago, I probably would have said Martin, but since then I have played so many fine guitars by a variety of big brands, small shops and individual luthiers, that I have several favorites. My first custom was made by Kathy Wingert and I also own another one of hers that I bought used, so I guess she must be my favorite.
That said, my most recent guitar was made by Randall Kramer and I have been playing it a lot since I took delivery of it in July.

I have played a number of Santa Cruz and Huss & Dalton guitars that I would be happy to own and have played and own or owned fine guitars by Yamaha, Gibson, and Alvarez. And I think that it is the music that means more to me than the guitar though they go hand in hand. I am not much for jewelry or antiques or other objects so my guitars are probably the one physical thing that I have some attachment to other than my home. If I had the misfortune to lose my home, I could still carry one of my guitars on my back.

Best,
Jayne

Last edited by jaymarsch; 02-07-2020 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Added content