Thread: Want To Buy Or Trade: Olson SJ
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffnw View Post
Wespj10

Your not going to get a bargain price on a near mint to mint Olson SJ...your going to pay premium money, because that is the going market price on them at EVERY condition level...and you almost never see an Olson SJ on the market that is less than near mint to mint. "Road Dog" Olson SJ's are almost non-existent. James Taylor's and Phil Keaggy's original Olson SJ's are really the only ones I have ever seen that have very noticeable wear and tear on them from decades of touring and recording use.

While I suppose there is a chance that you can find one super clean for a killer deal price, at the very least, you are not going to have to work super super hard at finding one, and likely having to wait a very long time to find one at below high market pricing.

Good Luck...but DON"T hold your breath good sir...

duff
Be A Player...Not A Polisher
Totally understand and didn’t mean to imply I’m looking for a bargain price. If the ones at Guitar Gallery didn’t have pickups I would have acquired either one of those, neither of which are mint or bargain priced. I just meant to say that I’ll pay a fair price (around market price) for one and ideally I would save the seller the transaction costs of going through a guitar store. And in a perfect world, I’d like to find one in better condition than not. But a road dog wouldn’t work for me. Hope that helps to clarify. Thanks.
2018 Santa Cruz OM - Euro/“Tree”
2021 Bagnasco & Casati OM-28