View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
I started out on Pro Tools because the friend who was helping me get set up was using Pro Tools. Nearly 20 years later I'm still using Pro Tools because he's still using Pro Tools and he's my first call when I'm either having an issue or need to figure out how to do something new. I don't need the help nearly as much these days but every now and again something will come up. After all these years, I have no interest in learning a new program.
Pro Tools is still the professional standard by which all other DAWs are ultimately judged, despite it's naysayers. I also concur that once we get comfortable with a comprehensive DAW there's no need to keep reinventing the wheel. I would however suggest that GarageBand does not rise to the standard of a comprehensive DAW and if the OP embraces the home recording deal he'll soon want to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbroady View Post
Some have mentioned it but I want to reiterate it
You can have loads of great gear and it will not sound as good as, say a Zoom recorder in a great sounding room.

here’s a web site that could educate you. You don’t have to spend loads of money on the room but you should put aside some for the basics
https://realtraps.com/
Couldn't agree more!!!