View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 01:20 PM

Default Recommend me an OM/000 guitar

Hello!

TL;DR: Recommend me an OM/000 type electro-acoustic guitar for around 900$.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of John Mayer's music, and I fell in love with his sound. Specifically I like the muddy Martin-ish sound when the guitar is connected to an amp. So I would like a guitar which sounds somewhat like that. Here is an example of what I'm looking for. This Fender also sounds quite beautiful.

So I would guess that a OM/000 model would be most suitable for me. Naturally, I would want it to have electronics.
My only problem is that I cannot really afford a proper Martin guitar.
My budget is around 900$ right now, but I guess I could go up to 1000$ if the difference in quality and playability is huge.

I found certain cheaper Martin models, such as the 000X1AE, and the 000RS1, but I would guess that there are better guitars at a similar price.
Another alternative would be one of the Sigma guitars, such as the 000R-28V.

Could recommend something for me? Preferably something that can be found on the European market, since I guess that paying for shipment from the US would considerably reduce my budget.

On a side note: The only amp that I own right now is the Blackstar Fly 3 mini amp, which has quite a nice clean channel in my opinion, and my electric guitar sounds quite nice through it. Will I be able to use this amp with an electro-acoustic guitar?