View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBird2 View Post
...I wish i could just pick up a guitar and start playing like many people can and does it amazing ly well....
Hi BB2...

You can do that. You certainly have our encouragement and permission.

I'm joking a little, but you probably can learn to play simple songs quite easily.

Once you realize that major keys usually are limited to 6 main chords (three major and three minor) and only occasionally do they break away from that, it makes it easy to learn what the chords in at least the keys of C - A - G - E - and D are.

Here's a link to a chart I give students for transposing to other keys, and it lists the keys and their chords for every key except C#m and F#. Feel free to download and print it out for personal use.

Each key listed and it's chords are on a single line. It's easy to learn that the I, IV, V chords are major and ii, iii, & iv are minor (those numbers refer to the scale degree of the chord).

Transpose Chart - CLicK

Six chords is easy to learn for a key, and you will soon be working with less paper in front of you.

Hope this helps...

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…