View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Congratulations David! What an accomplishment!
Thanks!! I am very pleased to have this project finished.

Quote:
Is there a website where one can view or perhaps sample your new CD?
Let's see, I do not have a website right now. I'm working on it, but as a one man operation who knows nothing about website creation it's going to take a little while. I'll update folks when something is available. There ARE two songs available for listening. Go to www.audiostreet.net/davidmoore to hear them.

Quote:
Where did you record it? What recording format did you use? Are you the only player?
I recorded the CD in my home. I used a Digidesign 002R into an iMac G5 running ProTools LE. I used a pair of sequentially numbered Neumann KM184 mics as my main mics. I also recorded a pair of Behringer B2 mics that I mixed in just to open thigns up a bit. Other than a little bit of reverb, that's it. I am the only player on the disc. Two songs have some MIDI strings on them for atmosphere (the two songs mentioned above that are on Audiostreet).

Quote:
Are the songs originals or covers?
The disc has 10 songs. 8 songs are original, and two are (obviously) covers. The two covers are "Santa Cruz" by David Qualey and "The Gambler's Lament" which is a traditional blues piece.

Quote:
What instrument(s) did you use?
All songs on the disc were recorded using an Alberico OM. Check out www.albericoguitar.com The guitar you see on the first page is the instrument I used for this CD. It's a cocobolo / German Spruce cutaway. It's a LOVELY instrument!!

Quote:
Are you totally pleased with the outcome?
To be honest, I think I'm as happy as I can be given that I did everything myself except the graphic arts. I've always been hyper-critical of my own playing (I think most people are). Recording a solo acoustic guitar is VERY hard. After being part of a rock band with two CDs I can definitely say that recording solo acoustic guitar is much MORE difficult than recording a band. Although I AM pleased with the result, I think I'll have my next project professionally mixed and mastered.

Quote:
What is the meaning of life??
42!

Take a listen to the samples at www.audiostreet.net/davidmoore If you like what you hear send me an email at [email protected] to place an order.

Thanks,

David