View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Yes guitar sounds more present to me . I would

That said : let's back up a bit . First I can only offer suggestions based on what I might do.
But:
So you have two mics and are recording to two mono tracks yes vocal and guitar at the same time ?
One for guitar and one for vocal yes ?

So if those are yes,? then EQ and compression might be your friend. (more later)

Also What exactly do you mean by slightly panning the audio ? And

So first , put an EQ on each track one on guitar and one on vocal and engage the high pass filter (i.e low frequency cut) to roll off say starting at about 60 hz but adjust that as per listening dictates.
As counter intuitive as this may sound cutting low freq mud will actually enhance the overall low end, " I will repeat that" cutting low freq mud will actually enhance the overall low end, AND will make the entire track have more of a present 3D quality, subtle but there. We can talk about compression also but i will wait for your reply to the questions
Hi Kev, I've added a low cut filter as per your suggestion - https://clyp.it/retgmvyy

I've realised I had the vocal mic a bit too far away, it was about 10 inches as with the guitar but next time I'll sing closer.

Just to confirm I am recording with two mics, one for vocals and one for guitar at the same time. Another member I spoke to via PM seemed to think the recording was a bit muffled due to the sound of vocals / guitars being picked up by both mics at the same time and suggested trying to record in a way that mitigates that.