View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxo View Post
After taking on the advice in this thread I'm really glad to say I think I have the Lowden sounding a hell of a lot better than before with correct mic positioning and gain settings. Here's the same song from before re-recorded, I haven't EQd it in any way or added any effects other than slightly panning the audio to make it stereo.

Does this sound better than before to you?
Yes guitar sounds more present to me . I would

That said : let's back up a bit . First I can only offer suggestions based on what I might do.
But:
So you have two mics and are recording to two mono tracks yes vocal and guitar at the same time ?
One for guitar and one for vocal yes ?

So if those are yes,? then EQ and compression might be your friend. (more later)

Also What exactly do you mean by slightly panning the audio ? And

So first , put an EQ on each track one on guitar and one on vocal and engage the high pass filter (i.e low frequency cut) to roll off say starting at about 60 hz but adjust that as per listening dictates.
As counter intuitive as this may sound cutting low freq mud will actually enhance the overall low end, " I will repeat that" cutting low freq mud will actually enhance the overall low end, AND will make the entire track have more of a present 3D quality, subtle but there. We can talk about compression also but i will wait for your reply to the questions

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 02-13-2020 at 05:29 PM.