View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtheaxe View Post
Meh...I'm using Boomers on all my electrics, including my PRS. Not much interested in PRS marketing of 'branded' strings made for them by another company.
It's been a super long time since I've last tried a set of Boomers but I have no problem giving them a try. I've never heard bad things about them just all good.

I am a D'Addario guy and have been for the past 30+ years. There is something about them that I like and therefor it's probably no coincidence that I also like the PRS strings. I don't have a problem with D'Addario making their strings for them. I'm quite sure they sat down and Paul, with painstakingly detail, gave them all his thought and notes on guitar strings, and they started making strings how he wanted them. They only charge a dollar or two more so I have no problem, because I think I like them a dollar or two more. Plus, I'm probably a every 6 month string change guy on my electric. My fingers don't let off any gunk and my strings have always stayed good and clean for a long time.

Not exactly sure what you mean by marketing "branded strings". What do you mean?

But having them make strings for PRS is no different than Fender making EVH guitars or Buffalo Trace making Pappy Van Winkle or Blanton's bourbon. One shop can churn out vastly different products.