View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 05:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
Yeah, but do you like it?!
Steve, I absolutely Love it! And that's an understatement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
I know Mau is taunting you re another Kostal but it did occur to me after playing Jason's 00 (a fabulous guitar) that an MD and 00 would cover more of a sonic spectrum than an MD and OM.
I think Mau is just reminding me that I said I had two on order These two guitars are very different. There are so many choices on the third, but I think I have a surprise up my sleeve

The surprising thing is that this guitar is only a week old. For it to be so expressive and so thick already, I really can't imagine how it will be when it opens up. As luthiers say, the guitar is still learning how to be a guitar! I'm not waiting for something magical to happen because believe me, its there! This guitar is really a freak of nature!

Now I'm not a professional player and I didn't have time to practice. But people do enjoy recordings. I apologize in advance for the sloppy playing and maybe the slight out of tune(ness). But I think the sample will give a good idea of how the guitars are different. You can really hear the clarity when I strum between the two (all with my fingernails and no pick). This was just a first take and done very quickly because I wanted to at least get something to you guys! I can't believe this guitar is ONLY A WEEK OLD! More will come soon when I have a little more time!

https://soundcloud.com/ericcsong/kostal-comparison-1015

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D

Last edited by ericcsong; 10-27-2015 at 12:28 PM.