View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 08:52 PM

Default Klepper Custom- Almost NGD

Fingers Crossed that the following photos have uploaded.

I never thought I'd post, or be fortunate enough, to post in this sub-forum. I was always a bit intimidated. But I have the honor (almost) receiving my dream guitar. 'Dream Guitar' sounds trite. But it is truly my dream guitar.

Howard Klepper's accomplishments and brilliance as a luthier is only exceeded by his kind and generous spirit. And that's saying something. He's one of the nicest guys I have ever had the good fortune to meet. I'm honored on so many levels, you have no idea.

I have hopefully attached the latest photos Howard has sent. Briefly the specs (I have cut and paste from Howard's email):

12-fret, 15" "SSD" (Small Slope Dread). 24.9"scale.
Western red cedar top with Adirondack red spruce bracing.
Quartersawn, old growth EIR back and sides. Wenge backstripe and end graft. Spanish cedar liners.
Mahogany neck with cocobolo fretboard.
Madagascar rosewood bridge with camel bone saddle. Hard maple bridge plate.
Lignum vitae nut.
Brazilian rosewood headstock veneers, front and back. BRW trussrod cover.
Gold Schaller mini tuners with ebony buttons.
Bindings and rosette are tortoise and white celluloid, with red, white, and black fiber purfling lines.
Finish satin nitrocellulose lacquer.
Pickguard 1970's vintage red tortoise celluloid.
Frets are EVO.
Fretboard dots are paua abalone, as are the fretboard side dots.

I believe I will have the guitar by Tuesday if I behave myself. I often wondered where some of you have found the patience to... wait. I still don't. I might have been driving Howard nuts, but he's too nice to tell me (except once and even then he was nice about it!)

to be continued.

[IMG][/IMG]

KLEPPER Guitars - Custom build
12-fret, 15" "SSD". 24.9"scale

Guild 1964 M20
Eastman e20 00
Baby Taylor (99)
Alvarez Yairi DY60 - 1995
Ibanez SR600 Walnut electric bass & amp.
Ultrasonic AG-15 acoustic amp

Last edited by liltiki; 05-30-2015 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Trying to upload photos.