View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 01:54 PM

No, I disagree with those who thought the OP should wait to post. Come on guys and be real....who has been getting all the praise on this forum for months?

EMERALD. Period.

This is the reason I've gone to Emerald.com so many times over the last few months to check out what they are creating. Alistair's designs have really grown on me and I'm finding myself attracted to the idea of the new X7. Reports on the new X7 have been overwhelmingly positive as well, enough to nearly pull the trigger on a stock guitar...no joke. The only thing keeping me from doing so is that I don't need 3 guitars and don't want to sell either of the 2 I have to fund it. This thread is helping to solidify my decision.

-Buying a CF 1.75K guitar factory direct, for the first time, sight unseen, carries significant risk. Just saying.

-Buying a 1.75K wood guitar, factory direct, for the first time, sight unseen and ear unheard, carries significant risk. Just saying.

I totally support the OPs decision to post here prior to contacting the company. What you YOU do? Put yourself in the guys shoes for a minute. You just bought an Emerald after following all the praise here to receive a guitar with the ugliest neck on a guitar you have ever seen? You just spent $3K on a guitar that you know the manufacturer would not have modeled at a NAMM show but somehow makes it to your door?

It's not our call to undermine the OP's decision to disclose the issue on the forum people. We are not just here to enable- we are here to counsel

Last edited by steelvibe; 12-30-2018 at 08:38 PM.