View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 05:49 PM
Charter Member

No, not me, but I'm an old ham.
Of course it doesn't mean that I don't fluff notes or forget words, or that I don't still get nerves.
Frankly, I think that if you don't get ANY nerves, you might be getting over confident.

There was one night when, I was dog tired after digging over my allootment,and after a nice meal and a bottle of wine with my wife the phone rang and I was asked to go play at a club by friends.

I said OK. Three of them turned up in a tiny car wth three guitars inside already - no way could I fit humble self and my guitar inside.

I had to drive in my car! To a club I'd never been to, with little notice ... and the directions were ridiculous. We found it and they pointed to what we thought was a parking area - bang ! Took my front bumper off!

I was a tad rattled by then. I got a really nice build up, got up, and simply couldn't remember the first line of my most requested song. I apologised and walked off stage.

Never happened before, nor since, but I've seen it happen to folks at my club and elsewhere, and I can empathise.

Preparation is all, and learning that an audience is not scary and not to show or be put off by flubs.

Last edited by Silly Moustache; 11-22-2020 at 05:55 PM.