View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 10:01 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Soon Accepting Orders

UPDATE: Sept 30th: Right on schedule, as promised, we will begin accepting orders on our new mandolin model, the nmf-1.50, later this week.

Waitlisters: You have first dibs. A grace period of 72 hours will apply to give you time to place your order. This model is not yet up on our site, so I will be sending you a direct email with instructions on how to place your order. Below are a few of our first photos.

This model is the standard shape and size of the "chip" model popularized by Golden Gate for decades, along with, more recently, Wegen and some other vendors. It is the most popular mandolin shape in the industry.

The nmf-1.50 is 1.50 mm thick (.060") with very smooth, round edges, ideal for tremolo and playing leads on a double-stringed instrument. It sells $39.95, which includes FREE SHIPPING to your door. The material is Casein plastic, and this color, our most popular, is exclusive to Charmed Life. We call it "flame."

For those who may be interested in ordering this model, the first batch is spoken for and sold out. We will have more ready in about two to three weeks (late October). If interested in placing an order or asking questions, please do not PM me here, as I'm too busy launching this new model along with all the other craziness. I will do my best to get back to you within 24 hours.

This incredible casein material really must be played to be believed. It is smooth, silky warm, quiet across the strings, and with just a gentle bite for your leads and chops (geesh, I sound like I'm describing wine in the film SIDEWAYS). It is the closest thing to genuine TS, and I should know, since I've been playing that material for more than forty years.

Folks, remember that I didn't get into this to form a business; I started making picks for myself and it GREW into a business by people demanding I make a pick or two for them. Craziest thing. I had NO PLANS. None. And because I only started this business for myself, to make picks for my own use, my standards are ridiculously high. I have been a tone chaser my entire life (I'm very stubborn about this) and will never make anything I wouldn't take on stage for a show.

Thanks for reading. Below is a clip of me with a different casein model of ours, playing one of my favorite songs, "The Dutchman," written by Michael Peter Smith. This will give you the idea of the tone you will get from this wonderful material. Trust me, picks make a HUGE difference in acoustic tone.

Thank You!
Scott Memmer

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 09-30-2018 at 10:12 PM.