View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
Yup. Concur. Back when the wiring was done with — well — WIRE......before the cheap printed circuit boards made the amps very hard to modify, service, or repair.
I always find such comments interesting. Help me understand. I am writing this on a computer which virtually has no "wires" in it... printed circuits. The processor is essentially a printed circuit holding multiple BILLION transistors in some the size of my little fingernail. People marvel at the technology and wait for the next big (aka 'small') thing... 7nm features (wires that are only seven 1-billionth of a meter in width.

These circuits on a computer are great but to have them on an amplifier is a negative? A wire carries electrons from point A to point B. If the wire (or printed circuit) is of the correct size to carry the designated load it has done its job. Now what it is connecting too is another story. Is the cap, resistor, diode, tube, transformer, etc. the correct component? To me it had better be as that is what is creating the "whole package". But the wire? I don't see how that really comes into play. Educate me; seriously (I'm not trying to be confrontational), I really would like some insight.

Thanks in advance for your input. :-)