View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
David,

What's the return policy on the Harbinger? Are you also going to use it for live solo gigs?

I have 45 days return policy. Allow me to explain myself, my friend.

In the future, I won't need it for more than a 50 person folk event, or rehearsal at home.

I've decided not to do the bar or wine bar gigs any more. It's not worth the little bit of money.

After last weekend, I've pretty much had my fill of the noise and lack of attention, and carrying the stuff. I end up spending most of what I make on a quick dinner and drinks. :-).

I went through the same process last year, but decided to give it another go. I'm done. Too many work and family demands. I do get asked to sit in with another friend who plays a local wine bar. He lugs a full Yamaha PA system for the occasion. So, I'll just plug in and help him do the loading at the end.

I'll still do the charity band, and my folk club. I might start an open mic (to benefit the folk club) at a local coffee house. I've been in talks with their owner. But, he has a system, as does pretty much every venue I play. And, I can bring this thing in a pinch.

The Harbinger is not a professional quality system. Nor does it have the features and headroom of the 800 watt professional Line 6 equipment. What it DOES have is great clean tone at low volumes and Bluetooth.

I can use it at home, or my folk club, without a speaker pole. Basically, anywhere the Bose L1C works, this thing will work too. Another consideration is that my wife HATED the Line 6 on a pole, setup in our recreation room, which was how I was using it to reach the controls and power switch.

Ken, I appreciate all the help with the Line 6 equipment. It's been great! For a pro, it's a no brainer. It's just heavy and overkill for my needs today. If I decide to go back out and do a duo thing (banjo/dobro buddy) in the future, I'll reassess my needs. And, I'd likely try one of their new systems at that time. I might even consider the the full Bose system, assuming he chips in too.

I purchased my Line 6 after negotiating on an open box last year. In fact, I went in that day to just buy a little practice amp. Today, I actually got the same amount of money in trade and the weekend sale ended today. So, I decided to downsize while I had the chance.

Thanks again for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro