View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 08:44 AM
Charter Member

Default P

I personally preferred the co-ws1005 series when I compared them myself. I don't know how much this had to do with the offset soundhole but I found that to be the fullest and richest sound. I also did find one dud 1005 at one of the stores that I went to of the 5 1005s I played. Don't know if it was strings or what but the one instrument was just off in tone. The other 4 were all pretty consistent and varied in finish between black and the color bursts.

From the rest that I tried I actually liked the sounds of the ch series the next best and picked up a ch-pa from a price and size standpoint as I was looking for something for moving around more.

If i was looking to have one for pure home use and based purely on sound it would have been the co-ws10005 for sure. I scored a great deal on a Breedlove Premiere Concert copper earlier this year and that is my playability and tone favorite so far. If I didn't have it already I would have looked a lot closer at the Rainsong ws as a one guitar solution. I do like the neck on the Breedlove better than my parlor though.

That said I love how easy it is to pick up the parlor and play it anywhere so I think the ergonomics comments are all valid. I just sent money off for a used 2018 x7 to head my way so I will get to see how that compares early next week. I also haven't tried an x20 so don't have a comparison base.