View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 01:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyLattanze View Post
If I had to make a claim, I would suggest that the guitar has some punch to its attack time that may or not be influenced by the mahogany strip. It is right under the sound hole and bridge so I’m open to he idea. But someone with 35 style guitars with 3 piece backs might have more of an expertise. I merely built a three piece back because the board I built it from wasn't wide enough for a two piece. The length was small too, hence the larger end graft where the sides didn't meet.
Thank you Anthony. I am not a builder, only a player. However I have been a builder-designer in many other areas. I am in the camp that believes everything...but everything, makes some type of difference. So it is exciting to myself to hear that there might be a possibility of adding some punch to the rosewood sound. Unfortunately it would take lots more guitars to validate such a notion. Regardless it is always fun to dream of combinations and how they might effect the sound. Great looking guitar...Fantastic first build. Look forward to seeing your future builds. Really look forward to hearing some sound clips from this fine instrument!