View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
If these guitars are as good as we think they are why don't you see major artists playing them?
Not sure who you consider a major artist, but David Wilcox, Sharon Aguilar, and Al Petteway seem rather happy playing Rainsong. I think the main reason you don't see more Rainsongs out there is the same reason you don't see a lot of Froggy's or Huss & Daltons out there, just not than many are built, only about a 1000 guitars per year. If you were thinking of major artists like Paul Simon and Eric Clapton, than the answer is simple, these "A list" artist get huge sums of money to be seen with a particular brand, none of the small builders can afford them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
I have no experience with them at all. I absolutely love the concept, but I wonder about the sound.

Not being wood, I wonder if they basically give you 95% of a wood guitar's sound...
They don't give you 95% of a wood guitars sound, they give you a different sound, in fact for recoding and stage use they will outperform most wood guitars for most styles. So why isn't everyone using them? Because it really doesn't matter which acoustic you use on stage or in the studio. The tonal nuances we all love to talk about on these forums can't be heard during a large venue live performance, and certainly cant be heard in a noisy bar. As far as studio recordings go, most of what you hear is the result of what happens after the musicians left.

Last edited by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales; 12-08-2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: typo, 100 instead 1000