View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:07 PM

There hasn't been much to report on but I've had the pieces here at my home while I work on the binding and figure out the neck joint. The following pics are all dry-fits of the binding and purfling. Once I get everything all figured out I'll be using Titebond to glue it all on, not CA glue:

I had a helluva time trying to get BWB purfling to bend along its thicker sideand the first attempt twisted so I had to do it over by gluing the purfling to the already-bent rosewood binding:

Tonight I located all the purfling strips I have handy and I taped everything up to see if I had enough:

Measuring for the purfling didn't go so well and I routed more than I needed to so I had to figure out a new workaround. Two strips of bold BWB sandwiching a single .02" strip of maple seem to do the trick. Under normal lighting the maple contrasts more with the white: