View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill1962 View Post
Howdy everyone, like the title said. At a crossroad with playing guitar and not sure which road I will take. I'm 57 and have been playing since I was 13. Has always been a big part of my life and have truely enjoyed the music. Played in bands, did solo gigs, church etc. Within the last few years, everyone that I have had the pleasure of playing with have either gone on to that music stage in heaven, or health has issues have forced them to give it up. So now i find myself with no one to pick with. I live in a small town, and most of the music scene is hard rock or very progressive country that is just not my thing. Im a classic country and bluegrass guy. Have tried posting on craigslist etc to see if I could find any pickers my age. But that hasnt produced any results. I dont like playing by myself.
So for the past year, I think I have only picked up my guitar twice. Usually end up playing 1 song and putting it away.
So I am seriously thinking of selling or giving all my music gear away.

So if anyone else has been at this crossroad what did you do ?

Thanks in advance
Bill
If you belong to Facebook get your cell phone out and do a video of yourself playing one of your old favorites. Join the "Old Guitar Pickers" group and post it. You'll find yourself making a lot of "friends" that way I'm sure. There are a lot of players who do your style of music and you'll fit right in. I'm sure you can ask about getting together in a jam group in your area.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}: