View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic Guitar View Post
I just want to make various vocal & acoustic guitar tracks, -but not always of just a "prototype" or "demo" quality. -I do have a Radar 24 (with Nyquist converters), & a couple of Grace Design M101 pres & Mogami instrument & mic cables. -Id like to, (& should be able to) produce some clean -pro quality tracks of this kind in my little/medium sized room that I can later take somewhere else so as to add on other tracks such as drums, electric guitars with amps etc.
What mics have you already tried? In what way did they fall short? Any of the mics you list should be good enough to produce more than just demo tracks. There's always some better piece of gear to buy - and if you want mics that theoretically match the quality of your Grace, you may need to increase your budget - but that may nor may not change anything.

The limiting factor in home recording is usually room acoustics. That, along with the performance, mic placement, and general recording skill are what will make a difference between a demo and a pro-quality recording.