View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 12:17 PM

Here is my Tommy Emmanual story.

I am not a great guitar player by any stretch of the word, so I go onto YouTube and type in "guitar lessons" so I can see how some of the songs I already know, and still want to learn, are actually played (Books lie).

Then one day I decided to type in "acoustic guitar lessons" to tighten up my search query. This is when I came across this video about harmonics. It was Tommy showing you how he makes his guitar sound like a piano, and what his harmonic thumb-picking technique is. Then he plays his rendition of Michelle - The Beatles. This video flat out blew me away.

Then I decided to look up his name, and came across this video called "Guitar Boogie" (The one where he is sitting down in front of a grey background, and is somewhat blurry.). Let me just say that I could not pick my jaw up off of the ground for at least a minute after this video finished. I could not believe there was not smoke coming off the pick, and strings.

Ever since I was lucky enough to come across this, Tommy Emmanual, person I had never heard of before, I have been seeing his name pop up everywhere. I have even been looking him up on the interweb to see if he is coming to Arizona any time soon (Not!), and I plan on purchasing at least one of his CD's this very weekend.

He is even rated #5 in the top 100 acoustic guitarists of all time.

In my humble un-talented opinion, Tommy, is one of the greatest guitarists my eyes have ever had the pleasure of seeing (On video).

I am now a major Tommy fan!

Rock on Tommy!