View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 09:02 PM

[QUOTE=Marley;6486521]I will say that in my opinion the most underrated guitar company is Ernie Ball Music Man. The majority of electric players have never held one yet these guys in San Louis Obispo, CA are putting out some of the finest electric guitars on the planet. The quality and craftmanship is right there with PRS and other high end makers but they are better than PRS. Their necks are unbelievable. The gunstock wax oil they use for their necks is like nothing else. The tuners they use, their electronics, the DiMarzio pups or their own pups are fantastic. Their body shapes, especially the Axis are nice. Although they do have some strange shapes that are not my taste. It's no wonder why guys such as Steve Morse, John Petrucci, Albert Lee and Steve Lukather play them exclusively and have for so long. They are made to order for music stores so they are not hanging on the walls like other guitars which is why so many have never played one.

I love the 2 I have. I hardly, and possible will never, play my PRS, Tele, LP or Strat again. There's no need because my MM blows them all away. It's the Axis neck that blows them all away and what I love the most. I have a double humbucker Axis SS and a P90 Axis Sport.[/QUOTE

Great post and couldn't agree more. I started with the axis and as much as I liked it the Cutlass is the one that did it for me. To get a complete perspective I also tried the Silouette but again it was the Cutlass that really wowed me. I'll never part with it. I might add I sold my fender American Pro afterwards.