View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 09:30 AM

Default Bigfoot Mod D in bearclaw sitka and brazilian rosewood

Hey guys!
I've been a long time lurker on AGF but never posted anything.
I'm Arihant Jain from India, playing guitar for the past 18 years, not professionally, though, just as a hobby I love. I started by playing classic rock and heavy metal when I was young and gradually started toying with fingerstyle acoustic guitar.
I do not record or even play for an audience. In today's fast-moving world, playing guitar is my escape, stress buster, meditative for me.
Currently, I own a Martin GPC -13, a Fender Redondo, a Mexican Strat, and an Ibanez Prestige.
In February, I first spoke to Karan when I wanted to get my Martin setup and couldn't find a decent luthier in my city to do it. He sent me to his assistant, and my guitar was set up flawlessly. That's when I got to know about Bigfoot Guitars and what a superb job Karan is doing.
It is almost impossible to find a full solid body guitar in India. Let alone a custom-made one,so this was a big surprise to me.
Karan invited me to his workshop and showed me a few of his guitars and many different kinds of wood!!! I was blown away by Karan's work, his collection of tone woods, and his craftsmanship. The fact that blew me out the most was that he was just 10 KMs away from my house.
After meeting Karan at his workshop, I started toying with getting a guitar commissioned,but I had no idea what I wanted. A few months passed, I got sick in between, found AGF, read a lot about different shapes, tone woods, etc., and came to a conclusion to pull the trigger.
A custom guitar, for me, is not something that has perfect tone, specs, etc. It is more of an heirloom. It will be to commemorate something special in my life. The aesthetics are equally important for me (If not more than specs).
I touched base with Karan again in June and told him what I want something special suited for fingerstyle play.
What followed was a lot of options given by Karan with pics, which ill post soon.
I'm excited about this build and will update this post regularly. I am hoping to make a lot of new friends here. Do-Follow!!