View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 07:20 AM

Default My EB Music Man is the best electric I have ever owned

I got a EB Music Man Axis Super Sport earlier in the year and after countless hours of practicing, noodling, jamming and playing live I have to say it's the absolute best electric guitar I have ever owned or played. For our most recent gig, I was trying to choose what backup to bring just in case of a string break. I have my PRS Custom 22 that I bought brand new in 97' and have played the most since then, my awesome Tele and my custom made Strat. I have a sweet all hog Epiphone but don't ever consider playing it at a show. Since I have not played the others much, if at all, since I got the Axis, I played each one to make a decision. I chose to bring the Strat but was praying that I didn't break a string as all I wanted to play was the EBMM. Fortunately about 4 hours and 43 songs later, no string break and I was happy as a clam.

I post this for no other reason than to give MM some love. I love the looks of the Axis, I love the tone of the stock pickups, I love the placement of the pickup switch, I love the 4 over 2 headstock but most of all I absolutely love the neck on it. Granted I have somewhat smaller hands but I have never in my life felt a neck that feels so perfect to me. Not only in size but whatever they do to give em that raw sort of feel. I've always been hooked on glossy necks like all three of the above mentioned guitars but the MM feel is so special.

If you have never played a EBMM, try one out the next time you see one. I think you'll instantly realize what makes their guitars different.