View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 06:04 PM
Charter Member

Smile Baranik 00

Colin's new Baranik 00 looks even better in person, and already sounds fantastic. The blue highlights are a very nice touch. It has a bit more emphasis on the trebles than my Baranik Meridian, and would be a great compliment to anyone who already owns a larger Baranik guitar.

Colin and I also visited Ray Kraut's shop while he was here in Tucson, and we all had a great time. As usual, Ray was a gracious and informative host. Ray had just finished a couple of 00 guitars that we got to play. They are dynamic, responsive, extremely balanced, and a joy to play. My Kraut 00 build should be starting next month. I will post a build thread, of course.

I am quite envious of Colin's trip. He also spent time with Mike Baranik and Kathy Wingert, and drove to Luthier's Collection today to try out some other fine guitars.

Colin and I had a great weekend of conversation, playing guitars, listening to music and eating some nice food. Thanks Colin, and congratulations on the new Baranik 00 and the Hamblin GC you also took home!!!

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut