View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Thanks for those opinions on the 11 Pro and the XS. I think the 11 Pro is still leading in my thoughts, but I can hardly imagine spending so much money on a phone.

Thanks to everyone! I've learned a lot here.
I was at an adult birthday party last night in a circle of associates mostly not so into technology as many I know and surprised. First there were people I never expected including an antique watch collector with the Apple Watch and one couple who went for the latest cellular watch and kept 6S phones. Mostly I was surprised by others who last year or just recently got the all screen and premium models.

My daughter is getting the 11 mostly because of budget and not the XR because of the dual cameras.

The biggest surprise in that group was a couple I'd never think of having XS Max and one considering the big 11 Pro for that triple camera and all they came to appreciate with the XS Max screen. They are 1 retired and another still working librarian who like me value the reading quality. The photographer hobbyist among them wants that triple camera.

I keep using this site with Tapatalk of mobile and forgot to look, but the forum where I'm a moderator is responsive design now so I don't even wait to be at a larger device for admin tasks. Even not a responsive design site, turning the large phones sideways makes a desktop site quite manageable.

An associate using the 13.2 beta said she would not advice beta for all but she said 13.2 will make the Pro's camera system even more impressive. IIRC, the 2nd or 3rd 13.2 beta is out so any Pro buyer will get that feature set very soon.

Loving the screen and camera quality was no surprise at that birthday party of people mostly ages late 50s to 93. How many in that age bracket had the watches and with cellular feature was.