View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 12:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Hi Barry, I'll post a couple for you. In general, I think it is pretty hard to make any decent demo of reverb on solo guitar. For my taste, at least, I don't want to notice the reverb. The 2 that I most often actually use are the UAD EMT 250 and the Bricasti, usually the Vocal Plate preset. I'm checking out a trial of the LiquidSonics plugin, which seems very nice.

Here's the cuts in order.

1 UAD EMT250
2 LiquidSonics Cinematic Rooms, Amethyst Hall preset
3 Briscasti M7, Vocal Plate preset
4 Logic's Space Designer, Piano Hall impulse
5 UAD Capitol Chambers, "The One"

6 Bricasti M7, Sunset Chambers, much heavier reverb mix
7 LiquidSonics Cinematic Rooms, Hall preset, much heavier reverb

This is turning out to be a most informative Post! While I love reverb, especially on voice, I also know the dangers of adding to much reverb to a dense solo acoustic guitar.
Such an enchanting tune Doug. Really hits me!
My 2 cents:
I thought the UAD250 was leaps and bounds ahead of everything else...including your other favorite, the Bricasti M7.
I felt like all the other reverb settings-companies....masked certain frequencies or overtones. Altered the pure tones of your guitar. With the UAD250 it felt pure and free of influence and achieved your goal of being there without being overwhelming. I have listened to these samples twice now...and I probably need to listen to them a few more times...but what ever setting you had on the UAD250 hit me as the most natural and revealed the overtones, harmonics of your guitar the best.