View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 09:35 PM

Okay, I came back to this thread because I discovered something and I realized it was worth mentioning before this thread dies into the abyss.

I always noticed that the Sunnaudio DI and Tone Driver have simple Bass and Treble controls but what is unique about them is that if you turn either dial all the way up or down, it never produces a bad sound. Maybe Marc can explain that in tech terms. Most EQ I have ever used is going to sound bad when used at it’s extremes. Here is what I did:

I turned both the bass and the treble all of they way up. Sounded great. Strummed or fingerstyle, there was nothing that came across as shrill in the high end and nothing boomy in the bass end. Full and very useable. I wouldn’t use it if a bass player was present.

The other setting I used was turning the bass all of the way down and leaving the treble flat. It was not lacking bass. The midrange was able to shine. This was another usable setting that never sounded thin and weak or jangly.

I am reminded of all the times I was using drastic EQ cuts to tame out of control frequencies with various pickups to make them work well. I am not sure how the Sunnaudio would work for
someone who needed severe “fixes” to overcome an out of balance pickup signal. The Dazzo does sound great set flat in all my guitars set flat. Small changes are all that are needed for things to pop just right.

I hope all that made sense.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful