View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
You state you went UA's web sight to get the info to set it up ? Assuming that with UA you deal with a two tiered GUI. system One for UA and one for Logic ?
Just gonna jump in...

The two-tiered GUI, if I'm interpreting your question correctly, is becoming more common. My UA Apollo comes with a GUI called "Console." How much you have to interact with it depends on your setup. My setup minimizes the need to even open Console because I'm not using any of the mic pres on the Apollo. I have 8 channels of quality outboard pres so I'm using all the inputs as line-ins. If someone is using the UAD unison plugins, I think they have to use those in Console and that's what will track in their DAW.

When I decided to upgrade from my Apollo Silverface, I was considering the Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II 2x6 SE. On paper, I really did prefer it to the X series Apollo I eventually bought, but the thing that pushed me off the idea was the Symphony software. The UAD Console was the devil I knew; the Symphony software went on for pages and looked a bit intimidating.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube