View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 10:23 AM

Default Sam Guidry-in the works 2018

Hello once again folks, for the forum this year I'm going the route of a single thread to show what I'm up to. I find that I am always horribly late in completing threads so I thought I might give this style of posts a try.

Guitar festival season starts early this year with the Artisan Guitar show in April and the LaConner guitar show in May. I am planning two guitars for the upcoming shows, a cocobolo non cut SG-2 and a Brazilian cutaway SG-2.

The cocobolo guitar will feature a minimalist style and decorative elements that are inspired by Japanese shoji screens. For the top I have selected a nice piece of sitka spruce. The bindings, fretboard, peghead overlay and underlay, and bridge are all from a piece of Macassar ebony and the neck is one piece Honduran mahogany.

For the Brazilian guitar I am going for a more standard decoration. It will feature an Engelmann spruce top with a maple burl rosette. The trim will be high figure snake wood. The neck is one piece Honduran mahogany with Brazilian overlay and underlay, fretboard and bridge.

Along with the show guitars for the year, I have some other fun things in the works, I'll be starting my first baritone some time later this year!

I will post photos as I can along the way so I hope you follow along and enjoy!