View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 10:02 PM
Charter Member

This little beauty landed on the front door step yesterday and after spending nearly 3 hrs playing it I eventually had to peel my butt off the chair, have a coffee and take some photos.

I'd forgotten just how amazing Marc's guitars play and sound. For my hands I think Marc might have the very best "standard" neck profile and bridge height/fingerboard height setup for how I play. Not sure how to explain it but the more demanding pieces in my back pocket always become easier on his guitars. The sitka has a nice, dry, midrange bark even with the rosewood but a thick treble with a singing quality to it, as all Marc's guitars have. Just a dream for fingerstyle!

This would be my third commission from Marc, but we are looking at a Baritone later this year as well. Have heard from many that his Baritones are sublime, so looking at wood choices already - stay tuned. In the meantime, here's some shots from the studio. I will be featuring this build on EP. 3 of "My Favorite Luthiers". EP. 2 is already in the works with Rebecca Urlacher and will be visiting Holland next week so can also include clips/photos of Karlijn's German/Camatillo build and get her thoughts on it as well. Anywho...will get a sound clip captured here soon, for anyone curious. Happy as a clam with this Sitka beauty. Very stark contrast to the darker, richer sounding Taran recently received.

Back to pickin'.

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com

Last edited by Dustinfurlow; 01-28-2022 at 10:15 PM.