View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 01:37 PM

Thumbs up JLD Bridge Dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
That's what I did. Almost 2 yrs now and it still sounds great. Top stayed flat, too.
I understand the developer tunes in-place using a device he made out of an old tuner tied to a hex wrench
- he can do it through the tuned strings for real-time tuning of the BD.

That's totally hip you were able to figure it out , it's no big deal really as I am sure you realized .

Besides the Bridge Dr. being able to correct belly bulge :

What I have assessed is the Bridge Dr. works like a violin's interior dowel wooden tuning post . The violin
with out one or one not positioned correctly will not yield it's true potential optimum sound , without one
properly placed you had a dud .What matters is the sound and to get the most you can in volume , tone
and play ability .

The are some guitars where the wooden bracing is heavier and from those who have these heavier built
braced guitar and commented that the Bridge Dr. didn't work for them I see maybe the Bridge Dr. has issues
with these type of crafted instruments .

To note is that if installed improperly or not adjusted properly it will sound poorly and in some cases it will
buzz and make a guitar sound muffled and partially muted on the HiHz's .

That's what happened on my first install but after a few adjustments of more tightening and re-positioning the
dowel to true center alignment with the neck it came to life with a booming clear bright tone across the entire
sound spectrum of the guitar .

Also to note that a few comments in the negative come from the owners of ( fill in the blank ) guitars who really
put down the whole concept as a farce or a detriment to the guitar's sound .......

- To them I say horse feathers - .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me