View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8FRETBUZZ View Post
I don’t really know much about pickups or the physics of their capabilities etc. the reason I was thinking a passive is because the active LRBaggs M80 had a major feedback issue. Also I have another guitar with a Fishman under saddle with an active preamp and same problem. However when I use a soundhole mounted Fishman passive pickup ( Neo D ) it works great with the tonewood amp. I just don’t like a pickup mounted in the sound hole because it’s kind of an interference for finger style playing, at least for me it is.

Just don’t want to glue a K and K mini on my guitar and find out it has feedback issues with the tonewood amp also.
Your feedback experience with those three pickups is a bit unusual and they are three good choices if feedback suppression is one of your primary concerns. I am certain that the fact that the NeoD was the best of the three has nothing to do with passive/active and for most people a SBT like a K&K would be more feedback prone than any of those three options you already have tried.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields