View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 10:22 AM

This is why I post my questions here... You guys/girls are a great help.

Those extensions, especially the boom one, are what I was searching for. I guess I just didn't use the right search terms. I'm considering all options, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymuso View Post
Reading your question, I surmise you are not very experienced in public performance with your guitar....
You are correct, sir.
I have a lot of experience performing on stage with a band, but that was mostly with keyboards, picking up my electric guitar on songs where it was the more a desirable choice. That was quite a few years ago.

Quote:
...and therefore advise you to play it safe and use your pickup equipped guitar. This does not exclude the possibility of feedback and other undesirable effects of sound reinforcement, but greatly reduces it.
Verily, that is my plan. As mentioned in my original post, this is all hypothetical. I'm a-gettin' myself schooled about things I may be interested in trying before I end up trying them.
If I decide to mic a guitar on stage, or if I have to mic a guitar on stage (I've already had a pickup fail in one of my guitars...luckily it happened while playing at home, on guitar that was supposed to be the back-up in case the pickup failed on my other guitar. ) I'd want to avoid the "James Taylor experience."
I always favor good preparation. I believe the audience favors it, too.

Quote:
I also advise you to learn all you can about the physics of feedback with acoustic guitar amplification and the methods used to suppress it...
I did that decades ago.

My questions haunting this forum recently have been directed to what I don't know and don't have experience in...Questions about performing solo in small venues with me and my guitar as opposed to my former experience performing in ensembles on keyboards (with some electric guitar) in larger, much more highly amplified venues.

I'm a total newbie at the solo guitar stuff. Admittedly, and clearly. No poser here.

There have been changes in equipment and technology since then, too.

In regard to another question... I have a Fishman Loudbox Artist, a Shure SM58, and a K&M collapsible boom stand.