View Single Post
Old 03-12-2002, 08:41 AM

I'll tell you guys what, I use a #27 PUTW in conjunction with my Onboard Blender system on my 714ce. I had the PUTW wired passively to the jack so the PUTW and the Fishman system are in stereo. I use a Stereo Y cable and go into a preamp for the PUTW then both go to a NanoCompressor. Then the PUTW goes to a Parametric EQ to a channel on the board. The Fishman system goes from the Nono compressor to the board. I run my onboard blender with the Mic and the Matrix blended evenly..Notch out the woof feeback and then sweeten more on the board. Low cut in on BOTH the PUTW and FISHMAN channels and Mids cut at the appropriate unnatural frequencies. I have a Loud stage monitor that Is about 6 feet away across the stage. That is the KEY, otherwise no matter what, you will get feedback..but this works fine for solo acoustic.....I'm telling you, It's hard to imagine and more natural acoustic sound..I have never heard one that sounds better then mine with a plug in rig. I have spent time and $$ to get this right, and I believe if you know about EQ, and are committed to experimenting with Gear you can get it. Incidentally, if i run my system with ONLY the Onboard blender in the same way, i STILL get a GREAT natural tone. There is always more MIC the Undersaddele sound whether i'm using just the onboard or both systems together. Just have to notch out honky frequencies.